MTC

MTC

Monday, July 31, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 7/31/2017) THE TRIAL OF FAITH

Well, I’m not going to lie…it was a rough and pretty heavy week. Let me give you some of the details and then share a bit of good.

So, we had many appointments setup for this last week and we were very excited. However, literally, all of them fell through. We tried diligently to setup new appointments, but it just didn´t end up happening.

In addition, my health just has been pretty bad. My stomach pain just won’t stop I got strep throat this week, at least I am showing all the symptoms for it. I finally called Sister Williamson because I need to go to the doctor to see what I can do to get me feeling better. So, I may be going to Queretaro to go to the doctor. I’ll have to see if that ends up happening this week.

That was not the toughest part of the week though. This week we went to go eat with some members that live is this colonial far away. We have been to this location many times and nothing has ever happened. But, after eating we left to go wait for the bus which is just next to this freeway and nothing in sight but a big warehouse. As we were talking, we saw two guys behind us but thought nothing of it. When we turned around, they had placed one machete at my companion’s stomach and his friend put a knife to my stomach and a machete at my rib cage. They told us to give them everything. If you want to hear more, I made a recording of what happened. I just don’t have much time today to write.

So, here is the good. We talked to Francisco and he is ready this weekend to have his baptism and he asked me to baptize him. It is so cool and I´m so excited for him. Also, Elder Paez and Elder Wright will be coming for the baptism. It will be so good to see them and to have all of my companions together. How cool, right?

We also were taken by members to eat Palmbasos and Gorditas. They were so good! We had some good visits with members also, but for two days this week, due to my health and being robbed, we couldn’t leave the house. We are blessed to come out of this week’s experiences.

If there is anything we have learned is that in these hard moments when we feel like the world is against us, it’s the Savior and our Heavenly Father that we need to draw ourselves closer to during this time.

Love you all!
Have a great week

Ether 12

Audio Recording

Just a small snippet that Brandon sent his mom about his health challenges: "Thank you and yeah they will find out what's wrong. I have angels round about protecting me! I love you so so much too mom!"






No comments:

Post a Comment