MTC

MTC

Monday, March 26, 2018

E-mail (Dated: 3/26/2018) HE WILL TAKE YOU HIGHER

I got a quick question for you all. Are you happy? If not, how can I help you change that? When we were given life, and the blessings of this life it was to find joy.
For us to be filled with happiness and to overcome the challenges of life. That does not mean that there are no trials. In fact, I feel grateful for the trials I have faced. Without them, I don´t think I would know what it means to feel relieved or to understand what happiness really is.

Right now I want you to take a minute. Look who is around you. Do you love them? Now, think about what you´re doing. Who are you doing it for? Most of you will answer yes to the first question. The second, I am imagining that many answered that they are doing it for someone else.

Now, take a second and think about your favorite memory, or your favorite activity. Do you have something? I would hope so.

As a missionary, I have the opportunity every day to wake up and to serve my lost brothers and sisters. I get to put on a name tag that says I am a representative of Jesus Christ. Then I normally take a minute and ask myself, why am I going to go out today with a smile? Why do I do it?

It´s a simple answer. I have been grown up with a message that has brought peace to an aching heart. A message that has given my life meaning. I do it to bring happiness to others. To be able to help a hurting soul. For the blessing of my own family, and my future family. I smile because it´s a message about the joy of this life and the one to come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week I had us working in our Area Book. I put down about 10 to 15 names a day of people that we were going to visit. We easily visited over 60 and we also contacted. It was a difficult thing. Because most of the people we contacted didn´t give us their time or weren´t home. It was a tough week emotionally as well. My companion and I haven´t gotten along too well and it was very hard on me. I actually got to the point of calling my President. He came and talked with me. I told about the week I had, and about the relationship with my companion. He came with his heart open and inspired words and he brought me peace.

I took that moment to think about my happiness. I have realized that sometimes the mind can work hard on us.

However, when we put away the natural reaction that we have to worry and to be discouraged we start to see the blessings and amazing people we have in this life. I have been able to overcome this week's challenges of rejection and lack of unity and to be able to find happiness.

I challenge you all, that this week you can be a little happier and remember that all is not lost, and that I love you and that our God and Savior love you!

Have a great week.

-Elder Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment