MTC

MTC

Monday, March 5, 2018

E-mail (Dated: 3/5/18) TRIALS BY FAITH AND THE WORLD - ARE THEY CONNECTED?

For a couple weeks I have been watching my investigators. For a while, they have been accepting us. Weekly they tell us they´d like to go to church. Normally, they accept their baptism dates. At the beginning the progress is great. Then after a while, it seems to slow to a stop, or the opposite, that they decide to take action. This is a little like each of us.
Life hits us with things we didn´t expect or things that are a little strange. Sometimes we are hit and we face it with all we got and accept the challenge by opening up our minds. Then, there are those moments where the burden seems too much and we decide to stop trying.

There will always be moments that we have something new. There will always be things we can´t see. Challenges, doubts, and light, and happiness.

What is it that we can do? Well firstly, it´s a personal thing. It starts with you. Choose to do something about it. Take a leap of faith.

As for those on the outside. Pushing someone beyond their own means isn´t going to help, it´s them that have to do that. What will is being there. Helping, caring, and love.

--------------------------

This week we finally got Blanca to church again. One of her reasons for not going is spiritual doubts as well as her personal life trials. The two are connected. We had to talk about the connection between our spirituality and the physical and temporal. They are the same. We put her on a trial of her faith this week by getting to church. When we saw her there at 8 am, that put a smile across my face.

We also visited some other investigators. We are just working to help them get to church. But they are wonderful.

Carlos and his family invited me to their home for my birthday because it was his sons as well on the 3rd! We celebrated and also, Gustavo invited us to go and enjoy some dessert with them. They took good care of me.

I thank you all for the birthday wishes and I hope you all feel my love. Sorry I didn´t share much about the week. I´ll try to get better!

Elder Harmon!

No comments:

Post a Comment