MTC

MTC

Monday, March 19, 2018

E-mail (Dated: 3/19/18) WILL I SEE MY LOVED ONES AGAIN? YES!

I´ve left one beloved area and am now entering into the next. I have gotten to know so many wonderful people and I have been able to witness so many changes of the heart. I feel very content at this moment. I feel I have had plenty of great and marvelous moments in my 7 1/2 months in Cimatario. Thes feelings of gratitude have made it a whole lot easier to move to a new area though part of my heart will always remain there.

On Saturday evening I received news that I would be leaving and be taken to Celaya and receive Elder Wheelwright from Idaho. I will continue my leadership position at District leader.

As I said goodbye to those that I have learned to know and to love, I had many of them ask me, will we see you again?

Then last week, I received a sweet message from my mom that my aunt Claudia who I cherish and love had passed away. Then I asked myself, will I see her again?

As I took a minute to stop and to think about these two experiences I made this analogy. As a missionary, our job is to teach others that we are spirit brothers and sisters and that it is Gods great plan that we can return to live with him. THAT WE WILL ALL MEET AGAIN.

So my answer to both of these scenarios of leaving others or being left behind is a shouted cry of love and belief, YES! Because I believe in this restored gospel. I believe that families are eternal and I believe that we will rise. How? Is what one might ask. The answer is BECAUSE HE HAS RISEN.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My time is Cimatario has ended, but I am off to my next challenge. I accept it with an open heart and with feet ready to start walking, and with a testimony steadfast in the Lord and in my Father and his plan.

I was able to baptize Blanca, and the service was amazing. She was excitingly nervous. The talks, ordinance, testimonies and the combination of it all were spectacular. She was so happy and just very humble and grateful to be there. What was amazing is that her family all came and almost all are not members except for two of her cousins, which she, nor we knew that were members. They afterward were able to bear a strong, fullhearted testimony of the changes the gospel has brought to their lives. All I can say it that it was amazing. Blanca was probably the hardest person for me to say goodbye to, but like I have been saying. We will all return to see each other again, whether in this life or in the next.

Remember that changes and difficulties in this life are not meant to hurt us, nor to make things unbearable. They are to mold us and to help us move forward and progress.

I love you all and hope you had a great week. This week try and think of something that is hard for you. Then think of how you can learn from it, and push onward.

- Elder Brandon Harmon

Also, I heard the area is pretty dangerous, so prayers! But I´m not worried! But love you!


























No comments:

Post a Comment