MTC

MTC

Monday, March 12, 2018

E-mail (Dated: 3/12/18) BROKEN THINGS CAN MEND. IS THERE TIME?

The moment my companion and I met we had an instant connection in the spirit. We were able to teach with a clarity and spirit as if we had already been companions for two transfers. When it came to our personal lives we were one of the same, but as many know, that can be a difficult thing. For weeks we struggled with getting along. Not thinking that we´d ever have the friendship or brotherhood that I hoped as his companion and trainer I decided to pray. I spent days, weeks, praying that I could change this. Now, I can tell you that we get along great, and I consider him a great friend. I had to realize that I was at fault in some things, I had to put in the effort and have a sincere heart.

Why do I mention this? It´s because there is always something that needs fixing. Something that we need to do to mend. How do we know what it is? Well, that´s usually something we can figure out on our own. If not, that is why our father in heaven has given us the power to PRAYER. The things we fight, the things that hurt, and the things we desire, these are things our father would like to hear. He doesn´t want us to suffer, and he definitely doesn´t want us to feel broken.

My mom shared a quote by Jefferey R Holland that says;
Broken minds can mend, just the way broken bones and broken hearts are mended.

I´d like to relate the healing process to a broken zipper.
All you need as your materials is a pair of pliers. (The Atonement)
Now, let´s begin with the process.

1. Remove Stopper / Remove your Pride.
2. Remove Zipper Pull / Remove your Fear.
3. Adjust the Zipper Pull / Change To Be Better
4. Put Back the Zipper Pull / Say And Do What Needs To Be Done
5. Put Back the Tooth / Move Forward

The steps can vary and that's okay because we are all individuals and different people. However, it should end the same. The broken thing is put back into place and is mended. As they say with broken things after they are fixed, not only is it better but it is stronger too.

I challenge you all this week to mend something that has been damaged and to fix it. The second coming is close, we do not know when, but we need to prepare. Show unto others your patience and love and things will change.

.................................................................................................................

I have been working a lot this week to visit some families I haven't seen in awhile. Victoria seems to be doing well with her family. I also Blanca and Ivan are prepared to be baptized this weekend and we have their interviews on Thursday. It's going to be a fantastic experience and I'm so amazed by how far they have come. I ask that you can keep them in your prayers. We are doing well here! The next week I should be in my new area and with new information on what is happening.

I love you all!

Elder Harmon





No comments:

Post a Comment