MTC

MTC

Monday, April 2, 2018

E-mail (Dated: 4/2/18) THE GOSPEL - SCAVENGER HUNT

WOW. Weren´t we blessed with such a wonderful and peaceful general conference? We also got some surprising news, didn´t we? What a blessing it is that we have to listen to a living prophet and leaders.

I would like to relate back to a few major points that we learned. I want to do it by relating back to an Easter Sunday that I had about 6 years ago.

I was with my Dads side of the family, which if any of you know his family is quite large. We had gone up to a cabin to a large property. A couple of my uncles and aunts had decided to bring us a little joy during our time there by putting together an Easter egg hunt. They had gone out to spread out the eggs, some out in the open and some hidden from the eye, and some that took a bit to get to. Some eggs had great prizes or money, others had little or nothing at all. They then put us all into separate groups, starting from youngest to oldest.They then set us out to search for these eggs. Each group taking out their intended part. However, in the last group which I had been in, it took a bit more effort. With plenty of eggs still out there to search for I began to search. However, I found points that I just couldn't find any more eggs, or that some seemed just out of my reach. However, in those moments my aunts and uncles were there to help me. Why? Because they did it out of love.

I would like to make an analogy. In this story, I would like to say that my father's large family is us, all of Gods children. My aunts and uncles are God and Christ and angels. The property is the earth. The game is Gods plan. The eggs are the experiences and opportunities of life. The groups are the different generations, each having their part to play. The search is the search for the gospel. The hard tasks are the challenges of life. The questions are the prayers, and the answers are revelations from our Father in Heaven. All of this, because of the love that our Father in Heaven has for each of us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had many messages from our leadership in the church about love. I hope you all know just how much I love you. How much you mean to me and how much you mean to our God, who is our loving Heavenly Father.

This week we didn´t have much activity. However, we had an amazing lesson with two girls. One named Cristina and the other Ayde. We taught them the wonderful message of the Plan of Salvation. They were so happy to hear that there is a plan, that there is a reason for hardships, that there is a way to safety. We have another lesson with them in about an hour.

I hope we can all be investigators while we are learning of the gospel. To have questions, search for results. To hear a message and to take it in and to love it, and be excited about it. BECAUSE IT IS A MESSAGE TO BE EXCITED ABOUT.

Family, I love you, I pray for you, and I hope you all have an amazing week. Remember to reach out with open arms to those you love, and let them know.

-Elder Harmon







No comments:

Post a Comment