MTC

MTC

Monday, April 9, 2018

E-mail (Dated: 4/9/18) THE DARKNESS IS TEMPTING, BUT THE LIGHT IS INFLUENTIAL

I have been thinking a lot in this last week about what it is that I can do better. As I thought about it, I came across the thought of PATIENCE.

I often think of the temptations that we often have as humans to yell out, to argue, to offend. Which is darkness.

Normally these type of temptations lead to anger, and to feelings of hurt, and loss of respect.
We have them though, which means we have to learn to control them and replace them with light.

LIGHT - make (something) start burning; ignite.
LIGHT - provide with light or lighting; illuminate.

I found these two definitions of light, although there are many more these are those I´d like to use.

We have a duty as members and as children of God to use the light which we have been given and to provide this light for those around us. This we can do through kind words, through service, maybe even a smile, and definitely through the gospel.

As I have gone throughout my life I will admit, I have fallen into temptations, to be honest, I do it daily. However, also about every day I have the opportunity to share light.

What I have seen that normally makes the difference is how much patience we have one with another.

Might we all work to have a little more patience and bring in the light and put out the darkness that seems to trap so many of us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week we had some luck and some hard things.
Thursday, we went by someone that we found in our area book. This is probably the 300th person that we visited in about three weeks with no luck. However, she answered us and accepted us to come back and visit. Which we did and she let us in. We taught the restoration and she has accepted to read the Book of Mormon and also to have us come back, which we will do this Thursday.

Also, we passed by with Ramon. He is an older gentleman and he has been an investigator for about 35 years, his wife is a member. We have found out that the other missionaries haven´t taught him super well and were very forceful in their teaching and commitments. We decided to start over and help him understand and to be able to obtain a testimony. He agreed and he also agreed to a baptism date for the 28th of April. He reminds me a lot of Francisco! I hope we can get through to him.

However, Cristina, Mari, and Ayde told us they don´t want anything anymore. But they would like that we visit them and still teach them, but they want to stay Catholics. That was difficult. It took a lot to be able to stay happy and to be able to say that it´s okay and that we would be happy to just come pass by and visit from here and there.

This week we experienced miracles and also rejections. That is mission work for you.

But the important thing is to keep on going with light and to have patience, especially for those that do not understand the wonderful plan that we have been given.

I love you all!

Have a great week!
-Elder Harmon





No comments:

Post a Comment