MTC

MTC

Monday, January 29, 2018

E-mail (Dated: 1/29/18) LOOK, SEE, FIND

I got a couple messages over the past couple of weeks about my year mark, first of all, thank you all so much for your love and support. Second of all, my dad gave me a good laugh when I saw the HUMP DAY photo of a camel. So just a quick shout out to him.

But WOW! What a time to reflect. I have absolutely loved my time here in Querétaro, Mexico. I´d just like to share my testimony about the work and place that I have had the privilege to take a part of. I started out in a small city called Silao. If you go there you will find a city that is pretty calm and a little dirty, and also has some pretty random festivities. Full of a lot of people that would normally seem pretty scary and a language most of you wouldn´t understand. I was blessed to be able to go to this little town and make it my home. HOME not by definition but as many say, HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS. As I walked those miles every day to talk to complete strangers, to serve others who I couldn´t understand and as I shed tears and cried to my father I found something. I found a LOVE. A CHANGE in myself. I came to find what the word HOPE really means. There were days that I literally walked until my feet were blistered, I was assaulted, I was screamed at, ridiculed. But I´ve seen miracles. Gangsters who literally rob and kill, who´d stop to listen to a quick message. Good men who have fallen into temptation of drugs and alcohol who have found God. I have seen the gift of healing of persons in more than just the physical.

I have also served in a city called Cimatario. I have felt rejection, I have had heartache, moments of agony for others. However, I have seen leaders of other religious beliefs who have been brought to the truth and brought to the right path. I have witnessed lost hearts found. I have heard testimony from those that thought they had none.

I could go on.. but do I need to? There is a pattern, what is it?

I´d say that the word to be used is SEARCHING, Now, I will make the pattern - Look, See, Find.

We all look at first and this is where judgment comes in, whether good or bad. Then as time comes we put on our glasses and we start seeing what´s really in front of us and this brings change. That is where I would say the last word FIND comes in because this is where we find what we have been searching and brings our final outcome.

I have been able to go through this pattern throughout my mission as well as my life, as I am sure many other missionaries that have given their hearts to the mission, in fact even to those that simply go throughout this life as well. WE CAN ALL SEE THIS. The question is what will we do knowing this?

Me? I want to serve the Lord. I want to love those around me. I want to bring change.

What a great gospel we live in that allows us to have all of this in one.

I love my Father in Heaven, and his son Jesus Christ. I love the chance for growth and the amount of compassion that I receive from them. I thank them for humbling me in times of need, for calming my troubled heart, and for their open arms that bring me in.

This is the true church. We are led and guided by a living prophet. The message we as missionaries share is a message of relief and love and an invitation and a welcoming to Salvation. We will be taken up. We will be judged. But we will have our Brother there to care for us and save us, but only if we repent and follow him. COME BACK LITTLE LAMBS, YOUR SHEPARD IS LOOKING FOR YOU, JUST AS YOU ARE FOR HIM, THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT HE HASN´T TURNED AWAY FROM YOU.

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.


Have a fantastic week I love you guys!











No comments:

Post a Comment