MTC

MTC

Monday, January 15, 2018

E-mail (Dated: 1/15/2018) TRUST THAT YOU WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE ARMS OF OUR SAVIOR

Hi Everyone,

I was just reading some messages that I received today and saw some quotes sent to me by my mom. There is one with the picture of a dad tossing his baby into the air. I´d like to relate this to life. Sometimes we are tossed and for just a brief second we feel fear, anxiety, and far away from our Savior and our Father in Heaven. It´s in these moments that we as humans begin to fall into the hands of the satan. Why? Because we forget that Gods hands are still there to help us. He is guiding us into a safe landing. He gives us these tosses not to punish us, but so we can find him and so that we can truly recognize the true joy of life. Think about when a baby is tossed up into the air, at first you see their eyes fill with fear and get as big as a guinea pig's eyes. However, when they are caught, they get the biggest smile on their face. They do this because they start to realize the love their father has for them, the trust they can put in him, and that he is always there.

I want to share how this has played into my week. I have been here in my area for the past 6 months. I have taught some of the same people over this period of time, we have put several baptism dates for pretty much all of them. However, something has kept going wrong every time, and it would get postponed. For a while, I just thought God wasn´t able to get them back into his arms because of their stubbornness and excuses. But I found something new with the way I am now going to view things in the mission. I am learning that Gods timing does not just come in his time, but with the desire of those searching. He knows all and knows who's ready, but something very important in his plan is agency.  It´s not for me to get impatient, but to keep giving my love and helping them. This past week on Tuesday I was able to go and talk to Victoria and her family and I walked in and the first thing they said to me was, ¨When are you going to baptize my daughter?¨ I was surprised by this but immediately said, "Well, we feel that she is ready and we would like to put her baptism date for this Saturday." So.... Brothers and Sisters, we welcomed a new member of our Family into Gods pathway this weekend. Victoria Robledo Rodriguez.

Another experience that I´d like to share is about a man named Javier. My companion and I had been checking some references that turned out to be fake. Feeling a little upset and unmotivated we started making our way back to the bus stop. On the way down a long street, I saw a man walking his dog. I felt this need to talk to him, but I was a little nervous. I said, Good afternoon and almost at the same time he said in broken English, "Are you those Mormons?" A little confused I said, "Yes we are!" He said, "I have been looking for your church for almost a year now, but I haven´t been able to find any missionaries." He then asked if we could teach him something. We agreed to go to his house and share something. Once at his home he shared with us that the path he took home that night was not the normal path he takes. But as he began walking home his dog started pulling him another way, and after fighting for a moment, he just gave in and followed the dog. He said, "It turned out that the dog found you two and got really happy when he saw the two of you."

I like to take these two experiences to show how God brings his children back into his arms, I like to say that God puts a plan into motion, but sometimes we are the key to completing it. However, he still puts that constant guide to help us.

Remember that we have been ever so blessed with the promise that he will never leave us.

I am great and I love you all. Have a fantastic week!

Elder Brandon Dean Harmon (Remember Who You Are!)

No comments:

Post a Comment