MTC

MTC

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

E-mail (Dated: 1/2/2018) REFLECTION

This year has been what I´d call a never-ending growing experience. My goal this year is to make it the same. I have had a lot of time to reflect and to become more of the man our Father in Heaven wants me to become. However, I know that there is a lot more growth there. One thing I love about the message we share is that we never know everything. We are on a path of never-ending education. We fall we hurt, we smile we laugh, we scream we cry, we have happiness we have joy. The thing is we have every one of these things to gain a new experience. We go through an experience to progress. Without progression, we fall, and we lose what true joy really is.

The other thing that I´ve realized is that people matter. Yesterday I was with my companions at a plaza and we came across one of my buddies that I had made with Elder Macias. We began to chat with him and he is just torn apart. He loves his family, but his decisions and other experiences have led him to drugs. He tells us about how his old girlfriend won´t let him see his daughter, and how his mom hates him. He was totally beside himself crying because he was so alone. He knows what´s important, but he let something take him away from all that happiness.

That´s like us. I know it´s like me. There are moments that we let other things come before family. However, that is the opposite of what our father has planned for us. God has foreordained families. We came to this earth to become like him, we have come to experience his full joy, well if you think about it. We are his full joy, so the best way to become like him is to love all and serve all.

So. As you are all making your new years resolutions, why don´t we all take a moment to realize how we can make a goal to show more love to others.

I realize that I don´t baptize converts, I baptize my family. I don´t teach strangers, I teach my best friends. It´s a progress but I have come to love those that I have met. People are converted when they find love and joy.

I love you all, and hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years!

- Love Elder Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment