MTC

MTC

Monday, December 18, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 12/18/2017) "IT´S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE...."

This week was a moment of reflection, and for me, an opportunity to really look around and see where I´m at, what I can do better, and who I can help more.

At the start of the week we had gone to see Nayeli, Yaneli and Josefina only to find out that while they are very interested in the church, they would like more time to learn. We took this opportunity to get to know them better and to make them feel comfortable. After doing this, we were able to teach the restoration. We invited them to baptism and they declined. However, they told us that they want to be taught and want to come to know of the truth of these things. That right there was an opening to what I´d like to call, “IT’S STARTING TO LOOK LIKE PROGRESSION” which is really what we are trying to do as missionaries, so we left happy that day.

We went with Victoria as well who was planning to be baptized, but this week her mom was called in for work and couldn´t make it so we had to change it for this next Saturday. This I call a “IT’S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE A WHITE CHRISTMAS” Her baptism will be a fun story for her to tell one day to her family, that she was baptized on the 24th of December. What better way to remember and follow in the Lord’s example than to enter into the waters of baptism, a path that will bring you more peace, love, and happiness than any other gift.

There were multiple times this week that we talked with Blanca. She was super happy and filled with light all week. After the weekend when we saw her again she screamed, “Hi Chicos” and brought us breakfast. However, we decided we´d wait to be able to talk to her. Wednesday came and we had an appointment with her and we asked her how she was feeling about baptism. She had received her answer that it´s the right decision. However, would like to be able to know more about what we do within the church and things like the word of wisdom and other things, because we haven´t gotten to that part yet. So, we postponed her baptism, but she will be baptized. This is what I call “IT’S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE THE BLESSINGS OF THE LORD”. I mean every single of one these people are a blessing. But there is a way she looked, which I would describe as the spirit of God.

We all have so many blessings and sometimes we just need to say, “IT’S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE THE HAND OF THE LORD IN MY LIFE”, because his hand has been there. We don´t always see it so what we need to do is begin to see these blessings he has placed before us.

Now, I know you all want to know about my transfers. So, I lost my companion Elder Macias. We had a good 5 changes together and we got along great and I learned a lot from him. However, the Lord needs him on another side. He was called as District Leader in Leon. As for me, well, I was called to TRAIN, and to be District Leader here in El SOL (Queretaro). My companion is awesome, his name is Elder Vazques and he is from Puebla. He came with the desire to learn and to work hard, and I really feel blessed to be his trainer.

This week they also opened up Cimatario 2 with two elders, named Elder Moytir from Canada and Elder Walker from Arizona. They don´t know the area so I am kind of teaching them all. It´s awesome, because it shows that both my President and my Heavenly Father are trusting in me. I am really excited and I´m seeing the helping hand of the Lord in my life.

The next time I talk with you guys I will be doing it over a video call. I love you all and have a very Merry Christmas. Feel happy, because the Lord has given us much.

Love,
Elder Harmon (Let me know if there is anything more I can do for any of you!)
























No comments:

Post a Comment