MTC

MTC

Monday, December 4, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 12/4/2017) IT'S THE RIGHT TIME

Wow, I feel that it has been a bit since I have written you all. We have been pretty busy these past couple weeks. Even today we have been running. My sweet crew (aka district) and I went on a hike at 7am in the morning and then went laser tagging. It´s our last P-day to do stuff together in this change and maybe for the mission. Elder Gunness, Elder Fillmore, Elder Macias, Elder Bolacio, and Elder Cardenas and I get along really well we are all like brothers. Anyways I will be sending some photos of the day.

First off I want to say, MOM AND DAD HAPPY ANNIVERSARY I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH!

Well and this week went well. I admit it was a bit hard, just with us getting into the holiday season and everything. However, it kind of helps that it doesn´t look like the Christmases that I´m used to. Haha but I do go into some stores sometimes just to look at the decorations.

Let me tell you of the progress we had this week. We had four people in sacrament meeting, so that was awesome. But all the people that have baptism dates didn´t show up. This was a little difficult, but it was good to get new investigators there. We had three really solid lessons this week. One with Blanca which was actually really good. She asked us one day as we passed by the house, "Hey chicos, when are we going to have an appointment?" That made us so happy and so we put it for the next day and we taught her the restoration. After which she mentioned how grateful she was and how she said we teach really well and she felt like we didn´t just teach the lesson, but we taught her.
I think this was a learning moment because I believe that everyone at one point or another forgets that everyone is human. Whether it be in work, school, in the home or in the mission. To realize that we aren´t just talking to talk, and we aren´t just listening to let it go in one ear and out the other. Our intention should be to really listen and to give a sincere response.

Another thing we did this week was visit Cristopher. We taught him the law of chastity and the word of wisdom. He accepted it all really well and wanted us to pass by for him to go to church, However, when we showed up on Sunday, he had decided to go with other plans. It was hard because we were so excited.

We also were going to have Yampols baptism, but when the day came his mom had some problems with work and couldn´t go. We tried everything but it just didn´t seem possible.
Then, we had an appointment with Victoria and had the pre-interview which went well. She is ready, we just hope all goes well before the 16th, so that she can be prepared.

We also had some amazing members take care of us this week. I ate gluten on Tuesday and on Wednesday I was really sick. Members were bringing me medicine and food and blankets and it was so kind of them.

I had the chance this week to teach some members how to make crepes. That was fun because I made them like my mom does with syrup and cinnamon and sugar and chocolate and they taught it was so good, but weird at the same time haha.

Anyways that´s about it for this week. We have four people on track to be baptized this change on the 16th and 17th! Pray that God can enter their hearts to have the desire.

Love you all!

- Elder Brandon Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment