MTC

MTC

Monday, January 8, 2018

E-mail (Dated: 1/8/2018) THE LIVING WORD

Hello my loved ones,

One thing I have been thinking about for the past couple weeks is ¨GODS WORD¨ I think it´s something that we hear a lot. But what is the message? The phrase in itself is perfect. The message which brings God's word is perfect. But how do we get this beautiful word? We receive it in many different ways. One of them happens to be prophets. Prophet - is a seer, and revelator. Someone that is a humble servant of the Lord, that acts in the example of our Savior Jesus Christ to lead and guide the church. Who has received the correct keys, who worthily receives revelation from our Father in Heaven.

As many of you know, this last week on Tuesday at 10 pm our Father took home one of his loved and precious children. Someone that took every moment of his life and calling to make others feel loved. He is someone whose words have changed my life, and many of yours. His beloved name is Thomas S. Monson

Many of his famous quotes:

  • Choose your love, Love your choice.
  • Choose your friends with caution; plan your future with purpose, and frame your life with faith.
  • The principles of living greatly include the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness, and trial with humility.
  • Faith and doubt cannot exist in the same mind at the same time, for one will dispel the other.
  • Courage, not compromise, brings the smile of God's approval.
  • Work will win when wishy washy wishing won t.
  • Amidst the confusion of the times, the conflicts of conscience, and the turmoil of daily living, an abiding faith becomes an anchor to our lives.
  • Perhaps the surest test of an individual's integrity is his refusal to do or say anything that would damage his self-respect.
  • I wasn't with Joseph, but I believe him. My faith did not come to me through science, and I will not permit so-called science to destroy it.
  • We must not let our passions destroy our dreams. 



He was a just man, he wasn´t perfect, but he showed the perfect example of trying to be like Christ. May his family be blessed during this hard loss, but rejoice because of  the wonderful plan that he spent his life teaching and that lets us know that all will be okay and that we will all rise again.
I love him. I love his example. I love what he taught us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My week went well; however, we are still just trying to find more people to teach. Almost all of our contacts this week have been from different states on visits. Our investigators are starting to come back from their trips. We actually had one teach with Blanca this last week. She has told us that she will be baptized this month, so that made me really excited. She is just waiting to put down her baptism date. She also told me that she would like for us to start teaching her daughter that is 17. This week we will get to meet with her.

Also, something really cool happened. Do you all remember Ricardo? He called us the other day to set an appointment with us. He wants to be baptized and he wants his family to be taught. Tonight we have an appointment with him at 8pm.

I am starting to see some tender blessings.

Training is going well. We have three white boys in the house so we speak a lot of English😬 But my companion would really like to learn English, so he kind of likes it. But these three are actually all working good with me to fix my grammar and pronunciation with my words in Spanish. But yeah, all is good that way. It has been tough to train though with all of these holidays because we don´t get too much practice.

As for being district leader, it is well and I am learning a lot. I have been good to bring my district together. We actually have an activity planned today to play table games and make crepes and to go out to eat together. I do get stressed with having to report numbers because I don´t like only thinking about numbers. So, I am trying to help find goals that are reasonable and meaningful.

I loved a quote that my mom shared from Gordon B. Hinkley. We have had some tough couple weeks here with the holidays, but the quote says:

It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is.
It all works out. Don’t worry.
I say that to myself every morning.
It will all work out.
Put your trust in God,
and move forward with faith
and confidence in the future.
The Lord will not forsake us.
He will not forsake us.
If we will put our trust in Him,
if we will pray to Him,
if we will live worthy of His blessings,
He will hear our prayers.


I think it´s a message we can all take in.

I love you all and have a great week.
























No comments:

Post a Comment