MTC

MTC

Monday, February 5, 2018

E-mail (Dated: 2/5/2018) ARE YOU WALKING THROUGH FIERY DARTS?

Are you hurting? Do you feel lost? Do you want to give up? If you answered yes to any one of these, my answer is it´s okay I have too. This life if meant to go through these experiences, it can be full of trails, mistakes, confusion. But what´s important is to realize the reason why. I´d like to share a scripture;

Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

Like I mentioned above, this life is an experience. We are here to learn. However, to find or to know of the good, we will have to go through the bad. Now, I´m not saying that we should start throwing ourselves in the darkness or into the pits of despair to be able to gain this knowledge. What I am saying is that it will happen, the times that we will have to stand firm and hold on. We NEED to be prepared. Now the question is, ARE YOU WILLING? Because a willingness with an open heart is necessary. I´d like to share two other scriptures;

D&C 3:2
2 - For God doth not walk in crooked paths, neither doth he turn to the right hand nor to the left, neither doth he vary from that which he hath said, therefore his paths are straight, and his course is one eternal round.

D&C 3:4
4 - For although a man may have many revelations, and have power to do many mighty works, yet if he boasts in his own strength, and sets at naught the counsels of God, and follows after the dictates of his own will and carnal desires, he must fall and incur the vengeance of a just God upon him.

There is a course, there is a plan, and there is right and wrong. The path cannot be changed. We must decide if we want to follow him and choose not to question him, because he has given us more than what we need to progress. What we need to do is to choose him. Last scripture;

D&C 3: 6-8
6 - And behold, how oft you have transgressed the commandments and the laws of God, and have gone on in the persuasions of men.
7 - For, behold, you should not have feared man more than God. Although men set at naught the counsels of God and despise his words—
8 - Yet you should have been faithful; and he would have extended his arm and supported you against all the fiery darts of the adversary; and he would have been with you in every time of trouble.

There is a blessing when we choose him and that is his extended hand. I like to relate us as humans as trees. We are constantly being pushed and pulled in this life. We must draw our roots firm into the ground which is our Savior, we must also nourish our trees by using richness of this gospel which is the water.

May I invite you all to partake of the water, which is God’s word, which has been restored by those called of God, I promise you that as you absorb it you will strengthen yourself and gain a firm testimony that our father in heaven is here and he loves you and desires that you return with him.

-----

I have had a pretty good week. My companion and I are working to get appointments in, but this last week was tough. We decided to spend the week finding and inviting. A fun story that I will share is of a group of teenagers, probably about 7 or 8 of them. I asked my companion if he would like to contact them, he then looks at me and says you got this Daddy ha-ha. I walked over and presented myself as Elder Harmon or the Giant if they so pleased. I then started talking about football because I saw a ball in their arm. Turns out that they are a group of girls that play tackle football. I used that as an advantage to communicate with them. I then invited them if they´d like to attend our English classes that we hold, and also to listen to the message that we share. They accepted and said that it´d be good, so we wrote down all they numbers, we also promised that we´d go watch one of their games. It shows a lot about what it means to contact. We must realize that when we share a message or try to spread Gods word we don´t have to change ourselves, nor do we have to have anything planned, all we have to do is open our mouths.

Now we also visited with Javier, we went with Hermano Lugo our mission leader. As we arrived he saw Javier and told us, I know him, he was baptized when I was bishop of another ward. We were confused and so we went and talked with him. Turns out he has been a member for about 12 years. He turned out to be kind of crazy and so our mission leader told us to stay away, so that was pretty sad.

But we also talked with Blanca and she wants to be baptized this month. She and her whole family went to church on Sunday and loved it! I love Blanca and her family, I just hope to be able to teach them before I go. Tonight, we are hoping to put the date for Blanca’s baptism! Prayers are needed!

Anyways that´s about the most exciting it got this week! I love you all. Have a great week!

- Elder Harmon



No comments:

Post a Comment