MTC

MTC

Monday, June 26, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 6/26/2017) SERVICE is the Work of God

Hello my Family!

I just want to start off saying, WOW! I have a great family, which is all of you! We are all true brothers and sisters on this earth, and the earth to come (Celestial Kingdom)!

This last week was good, even though most of our appointments fell through, and even if we  didn´t have the money to go to see some of the investigators we were hoping. However, we did have the chance to do some physical labor.

As missionaries we have the wonderful opportunity, or should I say privilege to stand as representatives of the Lord. But as members, we are also representatives. In this wonderful service we get to go out and bring back those who have fallen astray, those who have not yet received the fullness of the gospel and to find and convert yourself in the process as well. I think it´s awesome and I am so grateful to be a missionary not only for now, but forever. I love a talk given by Jeffery R. Holland where he is telling of the story of Christ talking to Peter on the shore. What I need, Peter, are disciples—and I need them forever. I need someone to feed my sheep and save my lambs. I need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith. I need someone who loves me, truly, truly loves me, and loves what our Father in Heaven has commissioned me to do.

I love this because we have been called as disciples not only for now but forever. Just something I thought to share today.

Yes, this last week we did some service and it was good. We painted a house and it was a task of two days and it was good. Afterwards, our arms were so exhausted! We will actually be helping the same family again to move houses this week.

As I said before, most our appointments fell through, so we will be working twice as hard this week to have those lessons and to place some baptism dates. We also didn't have the baptism of Erick, that will now be this upcoming Saturday.

All is well and life is good. I hope you will all take the time to listen to my voice message I will send. It is a bit long and all over the place so if you don´t have the time, at least listen to the challenges I have for you all at the end.

Some crazy things that happened this last week is that we witnessed a full out brawl with rocks and glass and punches being thrown left and right. We quickly left the area. I had a lamb yesterday for dinner, and when I say this I mean every part of the lamb...the heart, intestines and all haha! It might sound sketchy, but it actually tasted good.

My comp is good and I still learning lots from him! I love you all and thanks for your love and prayers and support!

This last week we have been using my personal money to get around. Like I said, my monthly account from the mission was used to pay our rent, water and electricity and also a lot to travel to Leon. Also, some days we literally get fed very little and I almost black out so I used some of that money to buy food.

Love
Elder Harmon

Audio File

No comments:

Post a Comment