MTC

MTC

Monday, June 5, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 6/5/2017)

Hola Familia y Amigos!

This last week was just full of absolute well fun, horror, learning and love for the mission hahah!

Now, I´m going to explain this a little bit!

My companion and I have been and will continue to work really hard. If all goes well and according to our hopes, we could have 9 baptisms! We have a lot of investigators that are progressing right now and many to visit within this next week.

We have one baptism for the 17th of this month and his name is Carlos! I will send my voice recording so you can hear more about the others! Carlos has really been progressing as Elder Morales and I have worked with him. I actually had the opportunity to invite him to baptism and he said YES! Our lessons were just so full of the spirit and so powerful. Morales and I have been working a lot together learning to teach and gain relationships here!

So, in summary, we are doing great! We have been trying all sorts of methods to contact and to visit more with less actives and members. My Spanish is being used with pretty much every aspect of the mission!

Morales and I get along a lot better now and we are really looking forward to the work here! SIlao is progressing.

One cool experience this week was after an appointment fell through again, twice with the same family. We were feeling really down and just kind of droopy and praying in our hearts. Then, a lady I was walking pást started asking me if I had any pamphlets of Joseph Smith and I said yes. We started talking and she is very interested and has been looking for our church. She has two kids and I think we will be able to baptize them this month. We look forward to our lesson with them on Tuesday!

Now, for a scary story.  So, I had just run to the gas station and I had heard what I thought were fireworks, because most the time that's what it is. Then Morales and I began walking and sat down not much further away. We started planning on a bench which is usually full of people. We thought that was weird. Then a member came across the street and told us three people were just murdered about 15 yards from us. So we started walking to go home because that is what we are supposed to do when this happens. We then  saw two of the people shot in their cars with their bodies just soaked in blood and the bullet holes in the head. I was in a bit of shock, it was a bit scary, but we are good! Just one of the adventures of Silao!

Other than that, this week has been great! Today we had the chance to go bowling with our zone and President, so that is why I am on a bit late today. We were actually in Leon.

I love you all. Let me know if you have any questions!

Audio








No comments:

Post a Comment