MTC

MTC

Monday, June 12, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 6/12/2017)

This last week was a good one!

I´m going to share just a couple of experiences and just let you know how I´m doing!

This last week we had several lessons with the family Ibarra this last week, who is a family that has four members, the mom, two daughters and a son. However; the father and another son are not baptized. We got a message from the mom asking if we could come over to prepare her youngest son for baptism. So, we headed over and took the opportunity to teach him with his family. The spirit in the room is so strong when you are gathered as a family and especially when it´s a kid because like we say sometimes… they are often closest to the spirit. We talked about baptism with him and his family. He was so giddy and happy about it. We we set a date for his baptism, we asked who they would like to perform the ordinance (e.g. someone in the ward, his brother, etc) but the mom stopped us and said, “I´d really like one of you to baptize him.” So that was cool, because it shows how our relationship with the members is growing. It was really cool.

We are also teaching two people named Beatrize and her son Jose. They live in this tiny little shed, at least that is what it looks like. They are so sweet and humble. Beatrize is the same lady that said she wants my blue eyes. Anyways, she and Jose just listen and listen and are just so close to the spirit. We taught lesson three with them this last week, and they have agreed that we can start preparing them for baptism. We plan to pass by again on Thursday.

We also received several references this week. Then, another family that came to the church told us they want to be taught by us and we are so excited to work with them!

Also this week, the President told me that I will spend one more transfer here in Silao so that means I will have the opportunity to continue working with these wonderful families!

Some fun that happened this last week is that we had Elder Morales birthday! I made him a big sign made from flash cards and also we cooked at a member’s house and made cho ming, haha - I don´t know how to spell it:-) Also, in the night I made him what I like to call a cake, but it was more like a pancake/scrambled egg cake. It was made with love and laughter at least, haha. I have a picture I will send.

This week we also bought matching shirts. Just different colors and we also purchased some pants for me, because I need some! However, the only one store had them long enough for me, but they are TIGHT. At least they are made of stretch material, haha.

So, we had a good week!

I love you all so much and praying for you always!

Audio Letter





















No comments:

Post a Comment