MTC

MTC

Monday, April 24, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 4/24/2017)

Hola Hola, Familia!

Wow, this past week was pretty difficult, but that´s the way it should be right?

The first half of the week actually went really well. In fact on Tuesday we were in Leon for a zone conference and that was cool to just be able to spend some time with some of the other missionaries! It turns out to that there is a Elder (Heywood) here and he is taller than me! Sister Williamson took a picture and I hope you guys received it from her.

Then Wednesday we had one of the assistants to the president spend the day with us and this is actually his last change. It was really cool to be with him and I learned a lot from him in just those short hours and he helped me a little with my Spanish as well! It turns out he knows Jake and Conner Anderson too, because he went to school with them! So just cool ties to people here.

The rest of the week is when it started getting interesting. We got two new investigators this week who are both 15 so that is really cool. They are actually very interested in our message and one already started attending church this week. Then with Maribel we set up a date for her baptismal, but we might have to move it a week bad, because she needs to start coming to church. But that is exciting for us. We are also still working with Francisco. We tried again for his baptism this last week, but he just wasn´t home when we went to confirm. But this week we are really pushing for it. But it´s a progress. We were very direct with him this last time, but man is he stubborn. But we are pretty sure we will have it this week, but we are trying to have patience but it´s difficult.

It was sad this last week because we had our days full with plans, but more than half of them fell through. So we are trying to figure out what we can do and we actually are implementing a few different methods.

Another thing this last week we had the chance to visit a woman who was baptized over 5 years ago and she actually hasn´t been to church in for 4 years and so we visited them and it turns out the husband is probably the problem. He believes in God, but he doesn´t believe he is here, and he doesn´t believe in life after death. Much of our conversation was spent teaching and trying to help him understand and he was like that´s great and I love this message, but I too have tried to get answers about this before, but I never receive and answer, then I stopped him and I took the opportunity to bare testimony and to share an experience in my life when I have felt what he is feeling and I really felt the spirit in the room. and what was cool is the entire time he kept eye contact with me and when I was finished he goes, wow I will be honest, with you two I felt something today, and that something is what I have been looking for. and so we are actually going back to teach this week as well, so we might have him as an investigator as well. But that was just a really cool special moment for us, and I know we couldn´t have done it without Gods help and with the spirit in the room.

But those are the moments we are here for right? To help people find out how they can find that good feeling inside! So I´m feeling grateful!  and I am excited to hear from you all. Please let me know if you have questions!

Oh and it´s my third month!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Audio File

No comments:

Post a Comment