MTC

MTC

Monday, April 10, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 4/10/2017)

I named the title of this email Romita because a lot of time was spent there this last week!

Just to give a gist of what happened this last week! Okay so this whole last week I was pretty sick, but I didn´t let that stop me. I received a blessing from my zone leader on Monday night and the next day I was feeling even worse, but I was able to make it through the day! On Tuesday was my first divisions with the zone leaders and that was really cool. I stayed in my area and the other Elder Harmon came here with me. He was actually in Silao for his first 6 months and so he knows the area really well and is very close with the members and I learned a lot from him and the cool thing is that when we arrived he says, hey this is your area now so you´re leading everything. Hahah I was like wow alrighty then! That day we were able to get 16 contacts and 9 future investigators and 2 new investigators, and that was all within 3 hours and also we able to teach a few less active members and to get some to come back to church, so we had a very successful day!

Um however, for the rest of the week we didn´t have too much success! I changed back with Elder Paez the next day and we had a full week filled up, but most of our appointments fell through and we didn´t have anyone to teach and we tried to contact, but one example is that we were at one house and the lady was very interested and she was like I want my husband to hear this and so she goes in to grab him and he came out and basically said, we are catholic and we don´t need your help or you bible and gave us back the BOM and then asked us not to come back. So just lots of fun, so that was interesting.

Also, that same day we were walking through the courtyard just about to go to Franciscos house and a family of Testigos de Jehova were there and they came up to me and were like are you from the states and do you speak english and I was like yeah I am, and it turns out they are from Detroit and have been living here in Romita for a year and they don´t speak a lick of Spanish, but they had a translator and so they tried inviting Paez and I to and event which was hilarious. Elder Paez right after tried inviting them to an event that is today, and the man was like we don´t speak Spanish, so I translated haha. But yeah just kind of random moments and other religions we talk with everyday.

Also, this week we set up Franciscos baptism date for this Saturday so we are praying a lot for him! So that is very exciting! Also, we have a new investigator who is another Francisco and I think that he´s really going to progress, he has a tough life and I know we are going to be able to help him and I think he could really use what we have to say!

As for how I´m feeling, I´m no longer sick as a dog, and I´m struggling a little bit with just the emotions of the mission, but I´m doing good and excited for these next 6 weeks! I can understand pretty much what everyone says, but I have realized I need to expand my vocabulary with foods and with everyday activities hahah! But I´m doing good and I love you all!

OH also today I´m going to a BYU-Idaho orchestra concert tonight with our ward and an investigator and her family so that´s why I´m on a little earlier!

Other e-mail replies from today
--------------------------------------

I love that about being the tools for God, because when I was in the CCM we had Elder Nelson come and he shared how Christ uses the unlikely instruments in his army.

Oh that is soo good to hear about Elder Rubio and thanks for checking in with my package. Um I just took some money out of my account to be worried its because I need a haircut and I also needed money for the orchestra tonight!

Yes I agree our family is so very blessed and I feel grateful every single day, my eyes have been opened!

Language is still hard, but its coming and I see it coming!

I love you too dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment