MTC

MTC

Monday, April 17, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 4/17/2017)

Can I just start by saying that I´m grateful that we live in Utah hahah!

I have seen some interesting traditions around the Easter holiday here. I woke up one morning to  a parade kind of thing outside where people were walking the streets shouting scriptures! I was like wow!!!

Anyways Hola Hola Familia!!!! Hope you´re all doing great and I´m so very excited to hear from you all to know how your weeks were! I´d like to share about mine a little if that´s okay haha!

So I will admit that the BYU orchestra concert was an amazing experience, and it was so cool to be able to talk to them in English and Spanish haha! Plus, just having the big BYU-I sign just brought a lot of home too me! Also, the orchestra was in the University of Guanajuato and is in this like castle looking building it was way cool!

Also, this week I got my first haircut, I think it looks pretty good and only 50 pesos which is like 2.50 so that´s sweet!

I will admit this week was tough. A lot of our investigators just aren´t progressing. We visit, we teach and you feel the spirit, but then they just don´t change and it´s so sad. But we are working and we are trying. I actually found out this week that our area used to be a dead zone in the mission and they actually took missionaries out of here for awhile. Also, when it was open before, they had four missionaries here. So we are here trying to get work started again. But I will tell you that every day this past week was very big here for the people here, and we were actually told to be careful about proselyting this week.

This week I had all sorts of encounters. I talked with many different types of people. I gave a  Book of Mormon to a Jehovah Witness, talked with a few people from the states who were actually high on drugs, got called racist because my companion isn´t black, got stopped by a man telling us the name Mormon is evil, talked with a man Freddie from the states who is a Jehovah Witness, and a few guys that are ex-convicts. Funny thing is, we are going to try to teach them this next week. It´s crazy all these people actually found me because I´m tall and white and they just love trying to see what I´m doing here and so that´s awesome!

Um this last week, we didn´t have Francisco's baptism because he had the excuse again that he needs to talk with his wife. We tried to help him understand that he needs to make a decision for himself. So, we are helping him and are plannning for this next week. We are praying and could use your prayers too.

We had a branch activity with the members here on Saturday and that was so fun. I will try to get some photos from that to you all. It was so fun and lots of laughter and bonding with the people here. It felt like a little family, because I´ll be honest it´s only about 25 people.

Also, on Sunday we had a lot of church attendance from the less active members we have been working with and that was awesome. In fact, fact almost all the people we have been visiting showed up! I´m so grateful!

Overall, i'm doing good. My Spanish is gettting better and I´m working on talking more and more everyday. Elder Paez and I had a few conflicts this week, but what can we say, we have been with each other 24x7 for 6 weeks :) Other than that, we are good.

I love you and hope to hear for you, let me know if there is something you want to know!

Summary Audio File












No comments:

Post a Comment