MTC

MTC

Monday, March 27, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 3/27/2017)

This week was definitely full of the spirit, of hardships, crazy and what I like to call Princess Bride!!!!

Last Monday and most of Tuesday we were in Guanajuato and we were with our District! Not too much happened those days but they were a little rough! Ha-ha

I don´t know if I´m going to do a time line of days today because I can´t remember what day was what. But man, this week all of our appointments were around an hour or half hour away for each one. Ha-ha so my legs are killing me, but hey I guess that is just the mission in general right!
Along with that this week we got three new investigators! Which are all pretty cool experiences and I will tell you why. So up until about Friday we didn´t have one new investigator, but we had about 10 future investigators. But on Friday we spent the entire day contacting. Which was actually one of my first days going door to door, because normally we just have done street contacting. Anyways so that was one of the first days I´ve had a door or should I say many days slammed in my face. The first one I was like.... Well that´s what that feels like. Ha-ha. Not a good feeling, but we kept pushing forward and we got turned down over and over again. It´s hard because all of Querétaro is just smacked full of Catholics and they don´t like to change.

Anyways, so about 5 in the afternoon Elder Paez was getting really down and so I said a little prayer on a bench nearby and I got up and said let’s go, I just had this over sense of joy and said I´m in charge right now got it. I said, you trust me and follow me and I promise within the first five houses we visit we will have a new investigator! So, I just started walking and I took us to a street we´ve never been too before and I said, alright Elder Paez it´s here choose a house, and he chose this house across the street and It was this old woman with all these lights and crosses and a picture with Mary on the inside and we told her who we were and if she had time for a message, and she let us in and were coming back to teach her!!!! When we left I started dancing and hitting Elder Paez, and I said you know what that was Paez, that was FAITH BRO! Ha-ha.

Then on Sunday we arrived an hour early to help our Branch President and then he asked me to give a short talk in sacrament meeting, I was like yeah…sure…Ha-Ha-ha. Inside I was like oh no! Ha-ha but I sat down and wrote this talk. When it came around to giving my talk, I dropped the paper and just started talking in my rough Spanish, but I was able to think in Spanish and find the words I wanted to say. So, I had a taste of the gift of tongues in that moment!

Then after church we decided to do a little contacting before we left to Romita to visit one of our investigators. After two full streets of no answers, I was like Elder Paez trust me again, because I got a feeling that we need to go to a different area. So, we walked about 20 minutes to this other area and got to this part of town Elder Paez said he had never been to before. I said, hey we´re about to get some new investigators. The first two houses we went to accepted our message and we will be going back this week to teach them. Then I had another feeling to go to another street and to pass all the houses and to go to this one on the very end and we got there and it was this sweet lady and she let us stop and share a message and she told us to come back when she has more time to know much! So, two new investigators and one future investigator within 15 minutes which was so awesome!

So now for the tough moments, today we had a lot of appointments fall through and a lot of traveling and sweat and moments that were spent praying.

Our investigator Francisco who has been an investigator for about 1 year now is just having a tough time accepting baptism. At this point we know that he is ready, but it´s like he just doesn´t believe in himself, plus the fact that his wife is a strong Catholic woman and doesn´t want him to. But last night we spent about two hours in Romita which is like us driving to Spanish Fork from our house and we spent an hour just looking for him, his brother is a member and has been working with us and so we spent some time with him, then we finally got Francisco to answer his door. and we got to talk with him and his wife, but after an hour he was just making excuses and said I´m not ready and I need my wife to understand, and we were like that´s why we are here, to help you understand what can we do to help you? and He was like no not now, and we were like why not, we have time? and so we just started teaching and by the end of it is was like they hadn´t heard a word we said... so that was a rough way to end the week, so please help pray for him and his wife.

Now, onto some funny moments, so on Fridays before we go back to our casa we stop by Pedros who is one of our investigators and get hamburgers! Anyways while waiting a catholic man comes up to us and says hey you are missions right, and we were like yeah nice to meet you, and then he says no that´s not a good thing, you guys are of the devil and are sinners. He says he guys walk around trying to get people to sin, he´s like who do you think you are, and then he starts trying to peach to us. and you all know me.... I don´t do well when people come up to me and tell me I´m something I´m not, and I don´t do well when people excuse our church of being of the devil? Ha-ha... so I was praying hard to have peace and to be able to not react..ha-ha. It´s probably a good thing that I can´t speak with a full vocabulary. Ha-ha, I had to keep reminding myself that I´m a missionary, but anyways it was kind of funny and that´s kind of a normal thing that happens here ha-ha but, yeah!

This kind been a good week full of mixed emotions but I´m good and just trying to get to the point that I can start teaching with more words! I love you all and I'm excited to hear from you!

Audio File to Family

Video - Finding New Investigators

Video- Getting Ready (Funny)















No comments:

Post a Comment