MTC

MTC

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 3/1/2017)

Wow another week into the mission! Time is just flying! In just about five days I´ll be out of the CCM!

Too be completely honest this week’s email may be a little shorter, just because we haven´t done too much.

Last, Wednesday after emailing I kind of had a rough day, because it sounded like a lot of you had a pretty rough past week. However, it just made me turn closer to Heavenly Father to ask him for his help.

Thursday, we had a pretty cool experience. We had TRC and we taught a real investigator. It went alright, but it was hard to teach and to understand. It was a girl that was about 23 and with a baby on the way and she I guess she just came across the CCM and was referred by a friend. The only thing I wish we would´ve done better is adjusted more to it being her first time, because they give us a topic to teach, so we kind of just taught the lesson given, which was the second lesson, so we should´ve done the first one. But all is well and I´m hoping that we didn´t scare her away.

Friday and Saturday were both just new days. Lots of studying and lots of work. Sunday, was pretty good it was our last normal Sunday, because this upcoming Sunday is fast Sunday. Sadly, I didn´t get to talk, and I haven´t had the chance to since I´ve been here. But I guess I´ll just have to bare my testimony again next week. The next class I put Elder Johnson in charge and it was really good. He kind of doesn´t like sharing his testimony very much, so Elder Wright and I decided to let him take charge. I think that it was a great experience for him. That night we also had the chance to be able to attend four devotionals, just like every Sunday hahaha. MUY LARGO! Our last devotional went really well to was taught by President Bennet and his wife! They talked about the Joseph Smith and just kind of prophets in general. That kind of seemed to be the topic for the whole day and kind of for the rest of the week up until today.

On Monday, we had a pretty chill day, but we had to say goodbye to our zone leaders and that was really sad. They were two of the best guys that I´ve ever met and Elder Burton kind of teaches like Elder Holland, so that just gives you a gist of what he is like. That day I also received the package of chips from Dad and Mom, thank you guys they were scrumptious. Also, we said goodbye to our really good Hermanas that we met on our first temple trip. They are the sweetest girls and they always wanted to take photos of me, with me, and they would always tell me that I have a face that is really sweet and welcoming and they said that will help me get into homes on the mission, so Monday was kind of a sad day.

Elder Thompson and Elder Gundersen and I have continued to grow closer.

Yesterday we also had a really great devotional given by President Bennett again! We talked a lot about being the missionaries that God needs and being exactly obedient. He shared with us a few things and one of them I want to share is in Romans 8:14, 16 and it talks about God wanting us to call him Aba. Then talked about the significance of that and then he gave us a promise. His promise was, ¨Yours sins are forgiven you, your families will live, for you will receive extraordinary help from the other side, you will also receive an extraordinary gift of tongues.¨ To me that promise was amazing. Because a lot of the time I sit here and worry about home, I worry about the language, I worry about being completely worthy to teach Gods message, and there are also times when I fear that I won´t be able to teach the people of Querétaro. However, receiving that promise gave me peace with all of those things. Along with giving me motivation to go out of this CCM full speed with the urge to preach to the people of México.

Today went really well, I woke up and took some photos with the people of Casa 22. Then I got the chance to be able to go to the temple again. It was awesome, this time I understood so much more and it went so much more smoothly. I´m praying that I can keep the feeling from inside this temple with me. I had the chance to just sit in the celestial room and to be able to pray and it was wonderful. Also, I came back and was able to play some basketball and I received another package from home and that was awesome thank you so much!

Anyways I think you´re all caught up! Now, next week I will be writing you all from the Mission Home in Querétaro!!!!!

Brandon Audio File





No comments:

Post a Comment