MTC

MTC

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 2/22/2017)

Hello my beautiful and amazing family and friends!!!!

The past week has seemed really short! I have had some pretty amazing experiences though!

Let’s see, where do I start? Well first off, on Friday my district and I didn´t do too much, but that night we had a devotional that was pretty cool! It was about overcoming challenges and being strong and enduring to the end. I was in charge of it and I had invited another district to join us because I thought it would be a good experience with them.

Anyway, that´s all that really happened on Friday. However, on Saturday I had some pretty cool experiences as well. It was the last day for some of the other missionaries that we had become pretty great friends with. Towards the end of the day I was asked by one of the Hermanas in the other district if I could give her a blessing before she left, which I gladly accepted, but you have to know that I wasn´t super close with the Hermanas in this district. Anyway, after the blessing she had told me that before she came out here one of her close cousins had passed away and it was really hard on her to come out on the mission. She had been trying to figure out if being out on the mission was really what she needed, and she said through my blessing she received the answer that it was exactly what she needs to be doing. That night I decided to hold another devotional with this other district, because I had the impression to share my feelings about personal loss and my testimony on the resurrection. I just took about 5-10 minutes talking about the atonement and how it can help us receive comfort -- that we will be able to see our family and loved ones we have lost.

Sunday.... hmmm hahah! It was probably one of the longest days I´ve had here yet, not bad... but definitely long! In the morning, we had our district meeting with the other leaders and it actually went good this week because I had no bad activity to report. In fact, the presidency along with one of the CCM presidency members congratulated me for the changes they have seen in my district and they were really happy to hear about my idea to have a spiritual devotional before bed every night. They have actually decided to try implementing them into the schedule here, and then they took pictures of me and my companion.

Another good thing that happened was that I had Elder Thompson take charge of our district meeting on Sunday and he did really good. He shared a story called THE ROOM and it was fantastic. I suggest you all go and read it. Also, if you want to send me a copy of it that would be awesome!

Hmmm... Let’s see... OOOOOOO also on Sunday I had the chance to give another blessing for a girl in another district and then another one later with the Elders in my district and we let Elder Johnson help with that one and again I testify that the power and feelings that we had in that meeting were absolutely amazing!

Monday night, we didn´t do too much!

Tuesday was a real treat! The whole day went fantastic and me and Elder Wright did awesome in our lessons. Probably the two best we´ve had since being here. We taught with the spirit, we were direct, we got the message across and we committed one of our investigators to baptism. Um also... Here is the big BOOM, we got the chance to hear from PRESIDENT M. RUSSELL NELSON!!!!! He came to the CCM and when he first arrived the Elders in my district were among the first to see him. We didn´t get the chance to talk to him then, but when he passed I could literally just feel happiness. It was the coolest feeling, and once we got into the devotional I was able to join in the choir to sing for him. I wasn´t supposed to, but I was sitting in the choir seats, so I kind of just joined it last minute hahaha.

He has some amazing things to say, but one of my favorites was that he said ¨God choses the unlikely instruments, to perform the impossible. That was pretty dang cool, because often while being here I have felt like I can´t and that I won´t be able to learn Spanish, or that I won´t be able to make it two years or just stuff like that. But then, I heard that line and I just had this wonderful peace come over me and I just started having faith that I can do anything, especially with my Lord and my God. At the end of his message, he left us a blessing. A few things that he mentioned is that we would have a burning desire to want to know more and learn more about our Savior, which kind of reminded me of a line in my patriarchal blessing. Then he left us with the blessing that as we are obedient and endure to the end, our families and our friends and loved ones would all be blessed! So, I know for a fact that you are all being watched over and I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father and President Nelson for that blessing.

Today! Wow, the day isn´t even over but I´ve already done so much and it has been fantastic. At 8am this morning we left to the temple and wow, it was absolutely extraordinary and the inside was so gorgeous. On the way there and back I had the chance to make friends with a bunch of Latinos and teach them English while they taught me and my district Spanish. It was really cool to get closer to them, even though I still can´t understand or answer what they are saying to me.

Back to the temple. It was truly amazing, and on the inside there are two escalators going up -- just to give you an idea. This was only my second time doing an endowment session and to it was interesting to be able to just listen this time. I definitely felt this amazing sense of peace. I think I have been carrying that peace with me since I left and I´m so grateful for it.

I love you all and hope you´re all doing great. Let me know how I can serve you!

Elder Harmon




No comments:

Post a Comment