MTC

MTC

Saturday, February 18, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 2/17/2017)

Hola Familia y Amigos

Well this past week and a half just flew by! I literally feel like I was just arriving her to the CCM like two days ago, and now I´m on my fourth.. almost fifth week!!

Where do I start??? Um lets go back to last week on Thursday. It was supposed to be my first TRC, but I actually got really sick with something that day, the whole CCM had some sort of virus going around and it took me out. However, that night my zone leaders came over and gave me a blessing and I was able to finish out the day. As for the rest of the week not much happened until this last Sunday. In our district counsel meeting with the branch president the Hermanas over all the girls brought up some issues that the girls in our district were having. Basically, they said that Hermana Johnson and Hermana Merrill (who are in my district) thought our Elders were not being obedient and that we being very disrespectful and were not acting like missionaries. I felt this pointed all the attention over to me... I was at this point very confused to hear all of this, because I knew that there were three Elders in my district that would get off topic and sometimes talk about more worldly things and that sometimes they struggled with going to bed on-time, but I would´t say they are being disrespectful. So, I told the president about what I´ve seen and how it can improve. I had talked with the Elders many times working on being exactly obedient but they were really showing improvement. So, the branch president went and had a talk with them. This really caused some contention between me and the other Elders.

I´ll be honest though, I think that we needed it. I think it was an eye opener for the Elders, to say ¨hey¨you have other people watching you and looking for your example. That night the Elders completely ignored me except for Elder Thompson and Elder Gundersen. So, I did what I always do when I´m lost on how to handle the situation, I prayed...and I prayed for probably a solid hour. The next day I woke up refreshed and ready to go and I had one of my best days here at the CCM. That night we had a talk with everyone about the issues going around and what the confusion was and also about what we can do to fix everything, and I think that brought us a lot closer together. On Tuesday I woke up and again it was another amazing day. It was devotional day and Valentines day and I memorized the rest of my basic core words! Plus, I was able to talk to the Hermanas about the contention that was going on with the Elders and why they were ignoring the Hermanas and that´s when we found out that none of what was brought up in our Sunday meeting was true, The Hermanas said that they´ve been really proud of the missionaries in our district. So that also brought us closer to the Hermanas in our district.

On Tuesday night the Hermanas in our district came to me and asked if I could give them a blessing.SO that night all of the Elders in our district came together and got in a circle and I was able to give Hermana Johnson a blessing, afterwards I asked Elder Thompson to give the blessing and he did really good, especially since it was only his second time, and the spirit was truly there.

The rest of the week not too much happened, but on Thursday I after gym I got really sick, but that was because of my hypoglycemia. I had no sugar in my body and I could barely think, let a lone stand. However, Hermana Johnson gave me some cookies and it helped me a little bit. Also, at gym Elder Gundersen sprang his ankle pretty bad and had to go to the enfermo for like two hours and that night us Elders gave him a blessing. It was really cool, during the middle of the blessing I literally felt angels hands come and it felt as if they were joining us in the blessing and we were all overcome with the spirit. It was a great way to end the night.

This morning was good, we got ready and went to get our visas. It was about a two hour drive and it was scary! They have no rules here for traffic and people are psycho! I would never want to own a car here! We finally made it and it took about a half hour to get everything figured out and I understood the lady helping me in Spanish pretty well. and now I´m on email!

I´ve noticed this past week and a half that God really does answer my prayers, and is constantly trying to send me personal revelation and I know that God has helped me a lot within the past few weeks with the gift of tongues. I´ve had a lot of peace this week and I´ve felt a lot happier than I have ever felt here. My district is getting closer and I am getting better with the language and have really immersed myself into the scriptures. Also, the letters you have all sent have meant so much. Mom and Dad thank you so much for the package that was really fun to get. I love you all and please if you have any questions send me and email or letter!

(p.s. I´ve gained 10 pounds this last week and a half)​

Audio File






No comments:

Post a Comment