MTC

MTC

Monday, August 28, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 8/28/2017) MY FEET HURT!

Ha-ha, so I had two in grown toe nails this last week that I had taken out. What a great way to start off the week right? The doctor was like yup these are infected all right, and says I`m going to put them to sleep with some shots (4 per toe) and then said, “This is going to hurt!” I have some good videos of this for you all to see, so don`t worry. But yeah so on Tuesday we didn`t end up leaving the house, but I got back to work on Wednesday. 

This last week we had a lot of fun and spiritual moments. I would like to share some of them. 

We found a family of five this last week to teach, but in our appointment, we only had about 2 come to the lesson. Their names are Laura and Maria Juana and they are sisters-in-law. We decided to teach lesson one. I will admit it is probably the hardest one for me to teach and I get a little bit nervous teaching it. But not this time. If you all remember the last time I taught this lesson was with Anel in Silao. There was a similar spirit in this lesson. I started out and I no longer felt shaky, and the words I was looking for seemed to come to me easily and I was able to teach with power. Now when I say with power, it’s not the power of my own, but the power of our Eternal Father. His spirit entered the lesson and we were able to draw from it to teach these two about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Truly amazing, especially when we got to tell them about a young boy who at 14 years of age went exactly to where he knew he could find an answer, which is to our Heavenly Father. We will go back this next week to visit with them on Wednesday. I am getting excited. 

We then taught Daniela who is 26 and her parents are recent converts. She is married, but living with her parents because when she told her husband she wants to be baptized, since he is a strong Catholic, he told her that she had to make a choice to either be with him or be baptized. When we had the lesson with her, we had not known that about her husband. We taught L3 which is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. During the lesson we faced all sorts of distraction…dogs barking, alarms going off outside, phone calls, but just like with the baptism of Francisco, though Satan was trying to throw all things our way, we kept the spirit and taught a great lesson and invited her to baptism which she accepted and she will be baptized this Saturday. I just imagine what kind of faith it must take to be in the situation she is in to choose to follow the savior. 

Now, just a quick thing. This Saturday we will have the baptism of Juanita and Daniela. We are so excited and I ask that you can keep them in your prayers that they may be able to push through the week, as we know Satan will try to drive them away. 

I love you all and I am doing well. If you need anything let me know! 

With Love, 
Elder Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment