MTC

MTC

Monday, August 14, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 8/14/2017) The Walk To New Things, And A See You Soon Then To The Past

Wow, six months in Silao and now it´s over. I feel very blessed for the time that I have had here. My testimony grew and I made so many strong relationships in this wonderful city. Now, I´m moving on to another trial and another journey of the mission.

This last week I had the chance to find four new investigators and one from the past. One of these is Anel, and the others are a family named Family Nuñez. We passed by Anel on Thursday to talk and to teach her. We taught lesson 3, and can I just say that Morales and I have learned to teach really well with each other. We taught not only with the spirit but also with testimony and unity. We got to invite her again to think about baptism and to make that decision when she is ready. I also told her that it was my last lesson I would be able to have with her. They were pretty sad to hear that. They gave us cake and milk and just talked with us for a bit. I have been teaching her for six months, so it was pretty hard to say goodbye.

As for the family Nuñez, our lesson was more accidental. We got confused with phone calls and the lesson was supposed to be canceled. I explain more in my recording. We showed up and the mom that we had made the appointment with said she had to go to work, but she would like for us to stay and teach her kids and friend. So, we decided to stay and talk. After getting to know them we decided it´d be best to teach about God and how he is our Heavenly Father and with that teach point number two which is the family. It turns out that the friend actually doesn’t believe in God. However, after we taught with clarity, conviction, promise and the spirit, you could tell that it changed their way of thinking. They want us to come back aka Morales because I am no longer there and to hear more. That was awesome and I wish Morales all the luck in the world.

Now as for transfers. I received them. I got called to the Queretaro Cimartario area with Elder Macias, who is my past district leader. I will admit the new area is a really a huge city haha. Very different than what I am used to. I had the opportunity to come here today and I have a lot going through my mind. It really is so different and I feel a bit overwhelmed, but I will be good.

I had to say my goodbyes and such on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday however, I mostly spent it with the family Ibarra. I passed by and they wanted to take us out to eat so we went to a little restaurant and then went back to their house and took pictures. To say goodbye was hard. I will admit I had a bit of water works, but I have no shame because that´s why I´m here--to bring people to Christ and also to give my heart to the people. I´m already missing my area and man am I looking forward to the day I can go back and visit.

On Sunday, we passed by a lot of other members. It was really a difficult day. I explain about every one with my voice recording but as for writing I´m just going to tell about one more and that is Francisco. I was helping him fill out his tithing slip and then Morales took that time to tell him that I would be leaving. In that moment, he said, “you´re leaving me?” and I said, “yes, I have to go”. He then leaned over and just wrapped me in his arms and said, “thank you, thank you for everything.” I am grateful to him and to all of those that I got to know. It is beyond hard saying goodbye to those I have become family with, but I hope I can continue that kind of experience in all my areas.

Well, that is the gist of the week. I love you all and take care!

Love,
Elder Harmon

Audio File






















1 comment:

  1. Grandma wanted to send you this message:

    I love your giant spirit, Brandon. Six months ago you learned a new language, and now you are teaching these beautiful people in 2 languages! Spanish, and Our Father's language. You are a treasure to me and will be to all you meet.

    Love to you,
    One Proud Emmy

    ReplyDelete