MTC

MTC

Monday, August 21, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 8/21/2017) CIMATARO

So, wow, a great week here in my new area. It is very different from Silao but good! We spent the week contacting and getting to know the area and also in lessons and doing service.

We actually had a baptism this last Saturday for a 9-year-old named Gael and it was really cool. He is a funny kid and his parents are recent converts. Elder Macias baptized him, but I had the chance to confirm him and bestow the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It was my first time and I will admit I was a little scared, but it went well and the spirit filled the room.

Also, this week I taught the class on Sunday all by myself. That was new for me but it was good. Tears were shed by many, hearts were softened and most importantly the spirit was the teacher and I learned a lot myself.

The members here are very helpful, welcoming and they give us a ton of referrals. We are out and about teaching and preaching every night until almost 10 PM. Actually, we were out until almost 11 PM two different nights doing service and our zone leaders had to get after us, ha-ha. It all worked out though. I love the new area. Also, my companion and I are doing good.

I miss the people of Silao, but I will see them again, right now it´s my time to help those that are here.

My companion is Elder Macias and he is from here in Mexico in the city Juarez Chihuahua. He can understand a lot of English, but can´t speak English ha-ha. He is my friend from another other zone and a good missionary. He is the district leader here in my area.

Let me know if there is more I can tell you guys!

Love, Elder Harmon

P.S. I lost my fear of contacting completely. We contact around 30 people daily and actually 50 in one day. We split it up evenly so I have been learning different forms on how to talk with people, very cool! I also contacted 3 people that lived in the states!



No comments:

Post a Comment