MTC

MTC

Monday, May 8, 2017

E-mail (Dated: 5/8/2017)

Another week of miracles!

This last week was awesome can I just start by saying that! Not too much happened but the things that did filled my soul!

This last week, we had the opportunity to have our zone leaders come and to help us with a few lessons. As I was planning for the day with my companion, he had the idea to go to a ranch that I wasn´t too sure about, so I stopped and said a short prayer to myself to help me know where we should go. Then I got the feeling that we needed to go to Romita where Francisco and Edgar live. I thought it strange because we were just there this past week two or three times and each time it didn´t go too well. But I was like okay God I´m trusting in you and so I told Elder Paez and he was like really? and I said yes! and so we did! When we arrived you could tell Francisco was a little bugged but he let us talk and share a short message with him. It ended up going really well and it really helped to have our zone leaders there with us. In fact, Francisco prayed with us and that´s the first time he ever has with us there! It was such a big step for him and that made us feel great and like we are beginning to make progress with him.

Afterwards, we had the opportunity to also visit with Edgar, but this time we asked if his Mom would like to join as well and it turns out she did, as well as his little brother. We just simply taught about prayer, and the love of our Heavenly Father and you could tell it really caught their attention! And then, they accepted and invitation for us to come back again and teach, which we did two days later. This time the father joined in as well and we gave them two Books of Mormon to begin reading. They are very interested and I just hope we can be inspired to say what they need to hear in order for them to feel the spirit and feel the truth of our words!

Also, this week we woke up one morning (Friday I believe) and were exhausted and just kind of lost as what to do. However, we had received a reference just the day before to visit a friend of one of our members here. We decided to go even though it was a 40 minute walk to get there. Once we arrived to the house we were a little nervous to go knock because it´s not the safest area. But we did and it was a younger woman no more than probably late twenties and her face lit up with a smile as we said, Hola somos misioneros de la iglesia de Jesucristo, in that moment she says I know, I´ve been waiting for you! In that moment I was filled with the spirit with confirmation that she needed to hear our message. She let us in and we began talking. She has had one tough life, everything from abuse and being kicked out of her home and losing sight in one eye and more I won´t share. And she has been looking for a church, looking for answers and looking for why these bad things have happened in her life and how she can find joy and peace. During our conversation we shared personal struggles of our own and how we have been able to come to know God's love for us and the peace we can feel through Christ's atonement. During this lesson this spirit was so strong and many tears were shed and she was filled with hope. We are going back this next week and are hoping to invite her to baptism because we both (Paez and I) got the confirmation that it´s what she needs. I´m so blessed I had the opportunity to come into contact with her, she reminded me of why I´m here and the peace and love I have felt from God and Christ.

Also, this week we visited with the husband of a member...his name is Adam. This time we got to know him a lot better and the problems he is having. It turns out 7 years ago the state took away his daughter, due to circumstances I didn´t quite understand. But he has been struggling to find peace with that, because he has two sons and his wife but they are missing someone in their family. It wasn't something we could exactly relate to, but we shared how God and Jesus know exactly how to help him and to find the peace and the ability to change. He also suffers with a bit of challenges of his own and we tried our best to comfort him. At the end of our discussion, he asked us to tell him a little bit about family home evening and when we could come back again to teach them. This was awesome and I can tell that they need this gospel. I´m hoping we can keep helping them.

So many wonderful experiences this last week, but also some sad.  I´m happy and just pushing forward! I had a quote I wanted to share with you all that helped me throughout this past week but I forgot my Liahona in my casa! But it´s at the end of my voice recording I hope you guys have the chance to listen to it!

Love you!

Audio Letter Link




No comments:

Post a Comment