MTC

MTC

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 9/23/2017)

Hello, My Wonderful Family,

So my good buddy here, also assistant to the president is taking this letter home for me. Isn't that awesome? His name is Elder Bailey Marshall. He is a great guy. I thought it would be great to just get off a quick letter. So, just to catch Y'all up on what's going on. I am here in Cimatario, Queretaro Mexico!. My companion is Elder Macias. We just completed on change together and just heard that we will be having another. We are pretty excited. We have about 5 people we are planning to baptize. Their names are Ricardo, Yampol, Randi, and the twins. Three of them are referrals and 2 are people that we found. The funny thing is that two of them are from the states (Utah and Chicago, IL). It is kind of crazy how I am in a different country, but I still seem to find some gringos to teach! We are excited and I am happy to see their progression here. I am also happy with the wonderful members here and the people in general that I have met. I feel blessed. I often find myself looking back on my progress and my old area. I admit that I have received a lot of help from God. There were many days in the start of my mission where I wanted to give up or just lock myself in a room and yell! But now, I just feel peace and it is really cool. Dad told me something a while back. He said to remember that I don't always need to be the tough guy.

So, I will tell you exactly how I feel. My stomach for the last six months has been giving me a hoard of problems, and during this time I have had to put my body (my health), what it seems, before the Savior and God. It has been very difficult. It has limited how much I can eat and walk. I just want it to end. While it has not impacted my testimony negatively, it has affected my ability to give 100%, but I am trying, and honestly, I am good....just would like to be better.

We have had a great change. Three baptisms and four new investigators whoa re all progressing. Family, I love Mexico. I won't say it is because of the way of life and the way things are run down here, but rather, for the people and to be a missionary serving the people.

Today, I interviewed someone for baptism. She is a 17-year-old, pretty girl. I would normally look at her and say to myself, "No, she won't accept us." But No!! She was so ready! She already knew so much and bore a short but strong testimony. I had the chance to tell her how proud God is of her for making the choice to enter into his arm by coming to the covenant and promise of baptism. This experience helped me learn something new about how our Heavenly Father feels when he knows someone is ready to enter into his church.

Now, another very cool experience I'd like to share is one for a girl that came and asked if I could give her a blessing. She is 20 years old and was in need of counsel. My companion and I laid our hands upon her head and blessed her. I can't really recall what I said during the blessing, but rather what I felt...and it was the feeling of angels standing there helping me. This young girl needed answers this day and what I could see as I looked at her eyes filled with tears is that Father in Heaven answered her. This experience taught me a valuable lesson to listen to the spirit. Not for your self, but rather for the want to be an instrument in the Lord's hands, to serve someone who may be in need.

I want you all to read James 1:19. Watch your actions because you may think you aren't doing or having an effect on something where, in all reality, you actually could be making the difference.

Family, I love you! You're my eternal family, and I wear my nametag every day in respect to know that I am serving the Lord while bearing the name of our Family!

I don't have too much time to write, but please know how much I care and miss and think about you!

Love Elder Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment